I discussed the January 21 Portland Business Alliance Jobs Summit in an earlier post. Today, the PBA released an action plan of specific goals and initiatives coming out of the Summit. The Action Plan can be found at www.valueofjobs.com.
• Positive private-sector job growth regionally by adding 12,500 net new private sector jobs per year
• An increase in average wages and exceeding the national average by 2016
• Improvement in Portland-metro per capita income, exceeding the national average by 2020
• Improving the region’s educational outcomes
• Enhancing the regional business climate
• Addressing employment land supply
• Focusing on specific tax policy issues
• Implementing an integrated regional approach to job growth and development
• Increasing support for business spin-offs from regional universities
• Overhauling Oregon’s tax system
Read the full Action Plan, along with the Study that prompted the Jobs Summit, atwww.valueofjobs.com.