2022 Leadership Summit
A change in leadership often sets the stage for fresh ideas and policies. That certainly will be top of mind at this year’s Oregon Leadership Summit as Oregon looks forward to a new governor, as well as significant changes in leadership and membership in the 2023 Legislature.
Save the date and join us for the 20th annual Leadership Summit on December 12, 2022 at the Oregon Convention Center to hear leaders from across the state discuss the Oregon Business Plan’s strategy for the year ahead. A livestream of the event will be available for those unable to attend in person.
This Year’s Policy and Investment Proposals
Here are high-level overviews of initial policy and investment proposals favored in this year’s Summit for initiation in 2023. To read the draft policy papers, click the title.
- Summary of the Shared Prosperity Strategy for the 2020s with Priorities for 2022 and 2023.
- Manufacturing: Develop a next-generation manufacturing strategy for Oregon, building off work of the Semiconductor Competitiveness Task Force.
- Future Ready Oregon: Support implementation of the investment in workforce education with development of industry consortia and new models and approaches to workforce systems.
- Postsecondary Education: Increase access and affordability, in particular for student populations historically underrepresented.
- Broadband: Support state and private sector implementation of expanded broadband access and utilization made possible by additional federal funding.
- Housing: Develop policies to enable localities to meet 30,000 new units per year the next 10 years, as called for in HB 2003.
- Water: Modernize Oregon’s water management systems with responsive regionalized policies.
- Forests: Build more resilient forest landscapes, with safe, responsive, fire adapted communities.
- Interstate Bridge Replacement: Develop and execute a plan to fund Oregon’s $1 billion share of a replacement span.
- Economic Development: Create an economic development infrastructure that supports business expansion statewide.
- Fiscal Planning: Craft and continuously update a long-term fiscal plan, forecasting state spending and investment needs a decade out.Broadband One Pager